Established in 2017, Sabre Robotics, FRC 6045 is committed to growth of technology and the importance of teamwork. As a part of the Sabre Robotics team, our team members are SHARP! They:
- Sharpen problem-solving and creative confidence
- Hone communication and teamwork skills
- Advance technical skill sets and technological aptitudes
- Reflect an atmosphere of focus and dedication
- Progress in the Sabre Standard of excellence
Our team has more than doubled in size from the 2018-2019 season to this season to a total of 16 students. Our impeccable team is comprised of people of expertise in a wide variety of areas. Whether it be programming, building, designing and fabricating, or just being a positive leader, our members strive to work towards the SHARP mission of the team.
As a part of the FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition), we also adhere to the FIRST core values and mission statement. As stated by the founder of FIRST,
The FIRST Mission
"The mission of FIRST® is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders and innovators, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering, and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership" (firstinspires.org).
FIRST's Core Values
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!